Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Birmz - Part two

Eyup ducks!

So the adventures in Birmingham have begun. I took the flatmates and the boyfriend up to The Bullring – The shopping centre in town. Their reaction to how much cheaper stuff is in The Midlands was priceless. Also took them to a real Krispy Kreme place, complete with donut-producing conveyor belt and free donuts while you’re queuing. They were literally astounded, and it was beautiful.


We ended up going to a 90’s night last night at one of my old haunts, and it was literally like I’d never been away. We met up with my best friend from school, who is a fully-fledged grown up nowadays, as much as she won’t admit it :P. Naturally my parents were chatting with her for a while before moving onto the university lot. I’d sort of forgotten how much my dad could talk until we all got back to the house.

The 90’s night was an absolute blast. The nightclub was even better than I remember, and I've had the task of finding the least incriminating photo from that night out to put on here…


…and this was the best I could do. So lots of laughs were had, and the taxi driver who was taking us home took great pleasure in humiliating me. After stating that the song ‘Timber’ by Ke$ha is a bit of a life-ruiner (I have a habit of dancing awfully every time that song comes on, regardless of the situation), he decided that he had it on a CD in the car – so naturally I was trying to dance while cooped up in the back seat of a cab. I’m more of a dancing podium kind of guy, but you have to work with what you’re given I guess!

Anyways, I’m off to make a 1pm breakfast. The others are still all asleep somewhere in the house, so I probably should make some sort of attempt at finding them haha.


Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment